The course includes the theory and practice of the administration of intravenous fluids with emphasis on fluid and electrolyte balance, indications for the use of intravenous therapy, use of equipment, blood withdrawal and venipuncture. The course is approved by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians and is suitable for continuing education hours for LVN’s only.
This 36 hour course in intravenous and blood withdrawal is designed for
- RNs/LVNs who would like to sharpen/update their skills in IV Therapy
- LVNs seeking certification for IV Therapy and blood withdrawal
- RNs and LVNs who have been away from bedside practicing over a long period and are preparing to restart practicing
- RN and LVN graduates from outside the U.S in preparation for and seeking employment in the U.S
- Refresher course for RNs/LVNs and other healthcare professionals who practice IV Therapy/Blood Withdrawal
Admission Requirements: RN or LVN license of from any United States Board of Registered or Vocational Nursing.
Price: $395.00 including materials and certification.
Hours: minimum 6 maximum 36 based on student most recent RN or LVN experience or per specific board guidelines. Mode of instruction could be in theory and in skills lab.
Completion Requirements: Attend all sessions as indicated on the enrollment agreement. Complete all assignments. Attain a minimum score of 73% theory and pass skills.
Upon completion of this course and passing the NCLEX® Exam, the LVN student will receive certification of having satisfactorily completed the training required by California Code of Regulations, Section 2854, 2860.5 and 2544.3. Psychiatric Technicians will only receive 6 contact hours for the blood withdrawal portion only.